Basic Practical Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)/ Manual Metal Arc Welding (MMAW)
- Weld with E 6013 (Vitamex)
- Weld with E 7018-1 Low Hydrogen
- Weld with Stainless Steel electrodes
- Weld with Aluminum electrodes
- Weld with Cast Iron electrodes
Basic Practical Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)/ Metal Inert Gas (MIG)
- Weld with ER 70 S 6
- Weld with Flux-Cored Wire
- Weld with Stainless Steel wire
- Weld with Aluminium wire
Basic Practical Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)/ Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG)
- Weld 50mm diameter carbon steel pipe
- Weld 100mm diameter carbon steel pipe
- Weld 150mm diameter carbon steel pipe
- Weld 50mm diameter stainless steel pipe
- Weld aluminium pipe
Basic Practical Oxy-Fuel Gas Welding
- Weld mild steel plate
- Bronze Braze mild steel plate
- Silver soldering mild steel plate
- Oxy-Fuel gas cutting
*Each skills Skills Programme includes training in the safe use of an angle grinder, Oxy-Fuel Gas Cutting, Air Carbon Arc Gouging, Orientation on Plasma Arc Cutting & Orientation on other processes.
A welding X-ray test report on completion will be issued to the Trainee.
Afrojap Welding Skills Centre offer advanced welding training programmes, coupled with recognised and certified Welder Qualification Trade Tests.
We offer Coded Welding and international standards based programmes and learning reinforcement learning through videos, DVD’s and organized learning tours.
Welder Qualification Trade Test
- Welder Qualification Trade Testing.
- Coded Welding and International standard based programmes.
Long Term Programmes:
SETA registered welding unit standards.
- Learning Videos and DVD’s
- Organized learning Tours
- Learning handouts
- Radiographic Test
- Visual inspection
- NDT (Dye penetrant test)
- DT (Bending test)
Registration & Compliance
CK Number : 2000/048902/23
Tax Number : 9111112141
Vat Number : 4650215694
SDL Number : L670753153
UIF Number : U670753153
Paye Number : 7670753153
COID : 2010-689-2300
BEE Status Level: Level 1
Accreditation : 23-TRA0024-09 (Services SETA)
merSETA 17-QA/ACC/0881/13 for merSETA’s registered skills programmes.
QCTO AC000029 NAMB for Trade Testing.